The new church builder ministry position is intended to last 2-3 years. At the conclusion of this time, the ideal candidate would take on either the role of Church Growth Partner or Vicar depending on the gifting of the candidate and the needs of the church at that time.
Statement of Identity and Mission of All Saints'
All Saints’ is an international church and we welcome Christians from any denominational background and who want to worship mainly in English but with a growing emphasis on bi-lingual and Bahasa Indonesian speaking members.
We are part of the world-wide Anglican Church and are members of Gereja Anglikan Indonesia GAI (the Anglican Church of Indonesia) in the Anglican Diocese of Singapore. We follow Anglican liturgy as the foundation of our services. We are open to all who follow Christ as Lord and Savior and all who seek to know Him. We find unity within an appreciation of great diversity. We deliberately seek to avoid denominational controversy in a spirit of Christian acceptance. We regard the Holy Communion as an integral part of worship, open to all those committed to follow Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
Our members come from Indonesia and from all over the world – we credit ourselves as being a friendly, outgoing and welcoming Church with a long history spanning 202 years serving Christ here in Jakarta at two locations – Menteng (where the All Saints’ Church was built in 1830 and situated in a beautiful garden and treelined setting) and at the Don Bosco School in South Jakarta where the congregation meets on Sunday mornings.
As a Christian church in Jakarta, we seek to spread the word of the gospel; the good news that because of Jesus’ life, death and resurrection we can be restored to God as his children.
Our Mission Statement is: 'To Know and Make Known the Love of Jesus’.
We are members and strong supporters of Gereja Anglikan Indonesia GAI (the Anglican Church of Indonesia) in the Anglican Diocese of Singapore.
We appoint two lay members to represent ASACJ at the Diocese Synod.
We respect the laws of the Republic of Indonesia, acknowledge our responsibility to submit to the governing authorities, and to strengthen social, cultural, and religious peace and harmony. ASACJ desires to build a relationship of trust within the local community and commits itself to pray for those in authority.
All Saints has a very active Outreach program that supports 22 Christian mission or support projects across Indonesia including children’s homes, old people homes, scholarships for students attending Christian education colleges and rehabilitation of the disabled.
• Recruit and train a core team to be part of an international English speaking church congregation located in South Jakarta, Indonesia and gather together gospel partners and a range of people able to carry out and support local gospel ministry with the aim of building the South Jakarta congregation to be a strong fellowship that nurtures and evangelises and brings the love of Christ to its community.
Church leadership and training
• Be the lead Pastor responsible for spiritual and pastoral care within the church
• Set and embed the vision and strategy for the church
• Work with Church wardens and council to provide church operational oversight
• Help raise financial support for the church and its staff and ministries
• Recruitment, training, and oversight of volunteers within the church to lead ministries e.g. children’s work, youth work, refugee, senior citizen ministry, Alpha Group courses, Bible teaching/preaching and pastoral duties
• Regular Bible preaching and talks on Sundays and throughout the week with the aim of proclaiming the gospel of Jesus Christ and building up the church.
• Regular leading of worship on a Sunday and special religious occasions including funerals and weddings
• Practice hospitality and share meals in your home with church members
Evangelism and community outreach
• Developing church ministries and missionary outreach to the local community
• Model evangelism by actively seeking to promote and spread the Gospel in Jakarta, Indonesia and beyond
• Liaising with other local churches in the area partnering together where appropriate
• The successful applicant must be a committed evangelical Christian with an Anglican background, a humble servant leader, hardworking, faithful to the gospel and have already been fruitful in a similar role.
• The successful applicant must have a desire to absorb and understand Indonesia's strong cultural heritage and adherence to the statement of Pancasila.
• The Church Builder must be in agreement with the Statement of Identity of the Church enshrined it the Constitution.
• The Church Builder will report to the Minister-In-Charge, if designated.
Essential Knowledge, skills, experience
• Trained to degree level or above in theology and with significant Christian ministry experience
• Ordination as an Anglican Priest in a Diocese recognised by the Diocese Singapore;
• Strong understanding and knowledge of mission work (particularly within an international setting)
• Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team;
• Strength on the essentials of the Christian faith and flexibility on non-essentials.
• Leadership experience, cross-cultural and multi-denominational skills.
• Strong English speaker
• A commitment to expanding the outreach of the church in the local expatriate community and to develop and encourage ecumenical activities.
• Recommendation from a recognised, appropriate sending agency.
• Accommodation is provided Free of Charge with security staff and support staff,
• Remuneration and benefits will be determined by the Church Council in consultation with the sending agency
• Local expenses, government taxes and transport will be provided.
• Leave and other arrangements will be discussed with the Church Council and notified to the Dean of Indonesia in a timely manner.
Interested applicants should send email with Position in Subject line and current CV/references attached to firstname.lastname@example.org
Israel targets US Christians in biblical excavations tourist plan
You are a danger to children, CoE tells chaplain who said pupils could disagree with woke dogma
Walk on water and perform your own miracles with the Jesus Christ simulator
Facing burnout, many faith leaders are leaving their ministries
Anglican Diocese of Canberra and Goulburn, Canberra, ACT
Anglicare, Norwest, NSW (with flexibility)
St Paul’s Carlingford and North Rocks, Carlingford, NSW
Sylvania Anglican Church, Sylvania, NSW
Anglican Church Mt Druitt, Mt Druitt, NSW
All Saints Anglican Church, Albion Park, NSW
Church Missionary Society Australia, Sydney, NSW
Shore, North Sydney, NSW
St Paul’s Anglican Carlingford and North Rocks, Carlingford, NSW
New College, Kensington, NSW
St James Anglican Church, Croydon, NSW
All Saints Anglican Church, Balgowlah, NSW
Youthworks, Royal National Park, NSW
City on a Hill Brisbane, Brisbane, QLD
All Saints Anglican Church, Jakarta, Indonesia
King’s Community Church , North Parramatta, NSW
MBM Rooty Hill Anglican Church, Rooty Hill, NSW
The Armidale School, Armidale, NSW
St Mary’s Anglican Church, Balmain East, NSW
Bible Society Australia, North Sydney, NSW
Calrossy Anglican School, Tamworth, NSW
European Christian Mission Australia, Remote and Croydon, NSW
Orange Evangelical Church (OEC), Orange, NSW
Stanhope Anglican Church, Stanhope Gardens, NSW
Christ Church Inner West, Drummoyne, NSW
Life Anglican Church, Marsden Park, NSW
Summer Hill Anglican Church, Summer Hill, Sydney
Arndell Anglican College, Oakville, NSW
Anglicare, South East Sydney, NSW
Life Anglican Church, Quakers Hill, NSW
New College, Kensington, NSW
St John’s Sutherland, Sutherland, NSW
Church Hill Anglican, Sydney, NSW
Anglicare, Frenchs Forest, NSW
St John’s Anglican Church, Darlinghurst, NSW
Pennant Hills / Cherrybrook Christian Education Association, Cherrybrook, NSW
Sydney Diocesan Services , Sydney CBD, NSW
Anglicare, Taren Point, South Sydney and Western Sydney
St Swithun’s Pymble, Pymble, NSW
The Oaks Anglican Church, The Oaks, NSW
St Michael’s Anglican Cathedral, Wollongong, NSW
Norwest Anglican Church, Baulkham Hills, NSW
St Faith’s Anglican Church , Narrabeen, NSW
Norfolk Island Christian Youth Ministry (NICYM), Norfolk Island 2899
East Coast Anglican, Swansea, Triabunna, Bicheno, Orford, TAS
Figtree Anglican Church, Figtree, NSW
All Saints’ Anglican Church, Jakarta, Indonesia
Book a job ad
Every week you will receive our top stories in your inbox. You can unsubscribe in one click, and we will never share your email address.
We acknowledge the traditional custodians of the land upon which Anglican churches, schools and organisations meet and serve
from the Hawkesbury River south to Ulladulla and Sutton Forest, and west to the Blue Mountains and Lithgow.
We acknowledge and pay our respects to their elders, past, present and emerging,
and pray that God will unite us all in a knowledge of his Son, in whom all things were created.
© Copyright 2022, All rights reserved.